The news was enough to stop the recent rally and sent the Dow down 254.16 to 7,522.02. I sold off several positions that had gained in the last couple weeks. As I said to a couple friends, the risk of more downside is now higher than the probability of upside. I don't expect much "good" news in the next couple days, and stocks have had a good run. More buyers have to jump in to continue the upside run. So, sideways and declines are now much more probable than upticks in the market.
There probably is a play in the acceptance of FASB 157-X, the rule that will allow for more discretion in mark-to-market accounting. FASB is expected to vote on that this Thursday, April 2nd. I will probably gamble on buying some bank stocks over the next day or two, ahead of the vote, and look to see if I should sell almost immediately.
I also spent the weekend writing my monthly investing article. The full text will be up on www.asiancemagazine.com or you can email me at mtlo@post.harvard.edu for a copy.
Sleep well,
Ming
No comments:
Post a Comment